The term chiropractic adjustment machine does not actually refer to a single piece of equipment. In fact, chiropractic practice utilises multiple tools and instruments to employ in their methods of treatments. Most of the techniques in a chiropractic practice are instruments assisted in increasing the desired results efficiency. To better understand the term chiropractic adjustment machine, we will first define the meaning of chiropractic practice and cover the types of tools and instruments that are used. So, without further ado, let’s begin with the definition of chiropractic practice.
Chiropractic Practice Defined
The chiropractic practice is an alternative medical approach that focuses on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. It often uses instrument assisted in manual therapy. Its focus is primarily geared towards the musculoskeletal system, with special emphasis on the spinal cord. The philosophy of chiropractic practice originated from bonesetters. Their central belief is that the body can heal naturally without the help of medicines. In modern times, the practice evolved into the form of alternative medicine widely accepted all over the world. Chiropractors increased in numbers, and the practice itself has become an official profession.
What is a Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a licensed practitioner of the belief. They are capable of performing diagnostics to determine the right treatment for their patients. The methods that chiropractors utilise are similar to a physician’s approach. It typically begins with interviews, physical examination, health history check, and tests. Once the chiropractor gathers ample information about the patients’ underlying condition, they create a treatment plan.
The typical methods are joint manipulation and massages with bare hands or instrument assisted techniques. The main target is usually the spine; however, other parts of the body can also be treated using the same methods.
Chiropractic Tools and Equipment
Now that you know the definition of chiropractic practice and what a chiropractor does, we’ll talk about the chiropractic tools and equipment. This section will explain the term chiropractic adjustment machine and the different types of tools and equipment that are often used in practice in general. So, we’ll begin with the tools that are commonly used by chiropractors.
The Chiropractic Tools
- The Chiropractic Tables: The chiropractic tables come in different types and functions. The most common types are the traction chiro table and the drop chiro table. These tables are perfect for spine alignment treatment.
- Activator Adjustment Tool: The chiropractor uses this tool to manipulate and adjust the vertebrae by applying a minimum amount of force into the back.
- Computers: Computers are used in chiropractic practice to record, manage, and study data from the patient’s treatment program.
- X-ray Machine: X-rays are used to get an optimum view of the patient’s spine. Like in the traditional approach, x-rays provide insights to doctors, physical therapists, and chiropractors to formulate the best treatment method.
The Chiropractic Adjustment Machine
- The Activator Adjustment Instrument: This instrument is a type of chiropractic adjustment machine used to provide therapeutic benefits that are safe and effective. It’s a mechanical instrument that uses springs to apply controlled pressure to stimulate nerves, and muscles that help release endorphins and dopamine. It’s also used to increase joint mobility and provide pain relief.
- SOT Blocks or Sacro-Occipital Technique: These block as another form of chiropractic adjustment machine used to realign the spine minus the application of force, or pressure. It’s typically placed under the patient’s lumbar region, ribcage, and clavicles.
- The Wobble Chairs: This type of chiropractic adjustment machine looks more like a child’s toy at first glance. However, its instability provides excellent treatment to your spine. The unpredictable movements that the chair provides also enhances balance and stability. This is the type of instrument assisted techniques that are low impact, but with high benefits.
- The Traction Unit: This device is an advanced form of chiropractic adjustment machine that can only be used at a chiropractic facility. The traction unit’s main purpose is to pull the head away so that the tension from the spine is gradually released. It is an effective way to alleviate lower back pain.
- The Electronic Muscle Stimulators: These chiropractic adjustment machine types can be used on almost every part of the body. Its primary focus is nerve stimulation and muscle activation. They are effective against muscle and joint pains. They are also used in weight-loss programs.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Practice
One of the most common reasons people choose chiropractic treatment over the traditional method is reduced prescription medicine consumption. Some people prefer to heal the natural way instead of taking prescribed drugs like painkillers or antibiotics. Here are the benefits:
- Reduced risks with allergic reactions
- Relieves lower-pain
- Relieves joint pain
- Relieves stress
- Increases range of motion.
- Low-impact with high benefits
- Releases endorphins and dopamine that helps us “feel good.”
- Improves sleep
- Improves spine alignment
- Improves Posture
Although the chiropractic practice is considered an alternative method, more and more people choose it over the traditional approach. The popularity of chiropractic practice increases every day. However, we always recommend the traditional method first before the alternative. It doesn’t mean that we have less faith with chiropractors; it’s only that physicians are always the best people to consult first.
Also, there are health conditions that are not covered with chiropractic practice. Such conditions that require surgery, infections, or chronic diseases, can only be treated by doctors. On the other hand, chiropractors have similar methods with physical therapists or physiologists. So, when it comes to muscle or joint pains, the chiropractic approach is a healthy option.
Now that you have an idea about chiropractors’ general practice, you can try their methods with less worry. As we mentioned earlier, the chiropractic adjustment machine is an effective tool for the natural healing method. If you still have doubts, you can always talk to a licensed or certified chiropractor about the methods of treatments they employ. We’re sure that you will be enlightened with their answers.